How to restore a Toshiba laptop back to factory settings?
To access the Toshiba recovery partition, power off the laptop. Hold down the 0 (zero) key and turn the laptop on. Keep holding down the zero key until the TOSHIBA logo appears, where you should start tapping the zero key repeatedly. Stop if the unit beeps or when the TOSHIBA logo disappears. The screen should flash ** HDD RECOVERY MODE ** for a split second, then load the Toshiba recovery program right from the hard drive. Note that this erases all data, and reloads all factory default software. Be sure to back up all your important personal data beforehand! Find the original disk that came with the laptop when you bought it, should be a “restore” disk that has vista + all your drivers on it. Visiting toshiba laptop repair center may also help maintain your laptop.
1. Load the product recovery disc in the drive and turn off the computer’s power.
2. Switch on the computer and, when the “In Touch With Tomorrow TOSHIBA” prompt appears, press the F12 key to display the boot menu. For 2HDD model, If HDD1 is first, go to step
3. If HDD1 is not first do as follows: select press the F9 key to set default settings, and select the [yes] when the “in touch with tomorrow TOSHIBA” prompt appears press F12 key to display boot menu. Continue with step 3 use the up or down cursor keys to select the optical disc drive in the displayed menu.
4. Follow the on screen instructions
5. If your computer came with additional software installed, this software cannot be recovered from the product recovery DVD ROM.
These steps may be followed or you can go to your toshiba laptop repair center.